Saving Bank Small Account :
Small Account is like a saving account but enable a common man to open Bank account free of cost with liberalized KYC rule. Nainital Bank offers small account to its customer with simplified account opening procedure.
Any Resident Individual - Single Accounts, Two or more individuals in Joint Accounts, Illiterate Persons, Visually Impaired persons, Purdanasheen Ladies, Minors, Associations, Clubs, Societies, etc. Trusts, Institutions/Agencies specifically permitted by the RBI.
- Simplest deposit option available to the depositor.
- An ideal option to cultivate the habit of banking and saving amongst the common people.
- Easy to operate. Terms and conditions kept lucid to facilitate a layman's understanding
- No hidden costs
- No minimum Balance Charges.
- Liberalized KYC Norms for account opening.
- Interest @ 4% p.a, are being calculated on daily product basis from 01.04.2010 and will be credited twice in a year in February and August or at the time of closing the Account.
The aggregate of all credits in a financial year does not exceed rupees one lakh,
- The aggregate of all withdrawals and transfers in a month does not exceed rupees ten thousand.
- The balance at any point of time does not exceed rupees fifty thousand.
- A small account shall remain operational initially for a period of twelve months, and thereafter for a further period of twelve months if the account holder provides evidence before the bank for any of the officially valid documents within twelve months of the opening of the said account, with the entire relaxation provisions to be reviewed in respect of the said account after twenty four months.
- Conversion of Small account to regular Savings Bank account would be done by the Bank’s branch on full compliance with KYC requirement.